"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" ~ Joshua 24:15

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Bon Voyage!!

Well as most of you know our family is taking a new adventure. We are moving to Sanford, FL on March 26th. I can't believe that in just 9 days we will be setting sail (but really loading in the packed SUV) to sunny florida. Over the past few weeks as we were preparing for this huge change in our life, I have been praying and seeking the Lord in all this. Yes we are moving to a new city where we know not one person. Yes we are moving with no concrete job offer. Am i worried? no. I am excited, excited to see what my God has planned for us. Excited to see what happens when you literally leave EVERYTHING to follow his will. Most of you might not know that we had to sell most everything in the past week in order to save $$. Some people think that it was foolish of us. But what I think is true foolishness is paying $1300 to barely fill a truck with things that mean nothing. This way we take only what we need and what can fit in our SUV and go. This passage comforts me everytime I start to doubt or have trouble giving things up.
Matthew 6:31-34 (New American Standard Bible)

31"Do not worry then, saying, 'What will we eat?' or 'What will we drink?' or 'What will we wear for clothing?'
32"For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
33"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
34"So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Wow, that means so much to me. That my heavenly father knows everything, all we need and I don't have to worry about what to wear, eat, etc. He will provide. You know I have been thinking about all the times in my life that the Lord provided for us through family, friends, and strangers. How awesome is He?

My new favorite song that I sing to get me through:

You are my supply
My breath of life
Still more awesome than I know.
You are my reward
Worth living for
Still more awesome than I know.

And all of you
Is more than enough for all of me
For every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with your love
And all I have in you is more than enough

You're my sacrifice
Of greatest price
Still more awesome than I know.
You're my coming King
You're my everything
Still more awesome than I know.

And all of you
Is more than enough for
All of me
For every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with your love
And all I have in you is more than enough
You are more than enough.

More than all I want
More than all I need
You are more than enough for me.
More than all I know
More than all I can see
You are more than enough for me.
More than all I want
More than all I need
You are more than enough for me.
More than all I know
More than all I can see
You are more than enough.

All of you
Is more than enough for
All of me
For every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with your love
And all I have in you. (Oh Yeah)
And all I have in you. (Jesus)
And all I have in you is more than enough.
More than enough.

Thats Jeremy Camp ~ enough. I wish I had that song..

Hezekiah was born December 31, 2009 after 33 painful hours of labor. He entered this world weighing 7lbs. 3 oz. My smallest baby. He is now weighing in at almost 12 lbs. Yikes, my kid is a little porker! Everything is going well, the boys love him when they stop what there doing to notice :)

Well I will see you all on Saturday or Sunday afternoon at one of our parties that we have going on. Enjoy the Sunshine all!

No comments:

About Me

Well this is my blog as life as a singe mom of three boys used to be housewife but currently a nanny to 6! Mostly crazy but always wonderful, making mistakes but walking in faith every day.