"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" ~ Joshua 24:15

Saturday, January 5, 2008

jakes dr. appt.

Well we just took jacob to a new doctor this week. I was a little worried to go somewhere else because of the problems we seem to have everywhere we go. (most of you know why)Anyway the nurse came in to look at him and she was very nice. I thought okay lets wait until the doctor comes in. So the nurse weighed him and measured him and stuff. She also asked jake a bunch of questions which I wasn't expecting. He answered all of them. Then she told us that he was in the 93% for height and weight. I was very happy, I thought that he might be underweight. THen she told us that he was a smart little boy and that he was going to smart when he was older. Of course I smiled. Every parent wants to hear that :) Then we met the doctor, he was very nice and also about 80! Which worked to our advantage. He has been around along time, long enough to see when some things are wrong in this world. (of course I mean medically)He didn't say that we were wrong in the choices we were making.I guess the point of this is that sometimes I feel like people judge me for the choices we make as a family. Only because we don't just go along with things like others. We ask questions, do research, PRAY about things concerning our son. Some people are worried about jacob, well I have to laugh cause he is the healthiest kid I know. We don't keep him locked up either. He is around other kids, in the nursery, etc. He doesn't catch anything cause besides colds there is not much else to catch. HE doesn't GIVE anything cause he HAS NOTHING to give. I am glad that I got REAL answers from a doctor. Not the ones that they are trained to give. I am very thankful that the Lord gave me one of his children to look after and raise. I would never take that lightly. Everyday I see jake I tell him "Hey, do you know how lucky I am to be your mom?" He just always says "Yes!". THank you Lord for blessing me abundantly!

No comments:

About Me

Well this is my blog as life as a singe mom of three boys used to be housewife but currently a nanny to 6! Mostly crazy but always wonderful, making mistakes but walking in faith every day.